Those damn dark days of winter, one gets through the holidays and finds oneself at CES…then… there is nothing….until HIMSS, and then… SxSw and then…. all hell breaks loose.
It’s conference season again kids— and, I have to say, there are some neat things going on- until the last week of June, then we get our summer recess…
I’m excited-no, not just because i need to get my united status set up for 2014—no not just that…. there are some really great events going on:
- Tomorrow we’ll be in NYC for Startup Health’s CEO/Partner summit- if you’re in NYC and would like to meet up please let me know
- Thursday (4/4) we’ll be at Blueprint health’s Demo day, interested? Register here
- Nex we’ll be in SF on April 17th for @DEMO’s first ever one day DEMO Mobile event- we have one company in our innovation@50+ scholarship program demo’ing- they’re great, I can’t say who it is…yet. But we’re expecting big things from them
- Concurrently, boss man @jholtzman will be at TEDMED here at home base in DC—if you’re there, ping him on the twitters
- April 28th to May 1 we’ll be at the annual Milken Global Conference in LA, I was fortunate enough to attend last year as well, it was incredible.
- The next week: back to SF for RockHealth’s CEO Summit- Interested in attending? Apply here or if you’re in the bay area and would like to meet/talk, let us know.
- Next up: The NVCA annual member meeting 5/14-15, newly branded as VentureScape. A whole new format and looks really great. We’ll be sponsoring the Wifi and Water Stations (free bottles!) .
- Then directly down the coast to the Health Evolution Partner’s Innovation summit- it’ll be my first one, technically i don’t think should even be able to get in, but we’ll see. We’re doing a deep dive on the 50+ and health, wellness and other issues.
- I’m going to take the weekend to drive up the PCH, as it will be a time of deep soul searching, and hitting the first VentureBeat HealthBeat conference on 5/20 and 21. I’m a judge on the Innovation Showdown, Jody is speaking on a panel- i really like the way this show is shaping up- If you’re interested in a 20% discount on registration, click here
- I then head home to see if the locks are changed, and if my kids remember me, but no rest for the wicked, on 5/30 we’ll be unveiling our first ever Health Innovation@50+ Tech expo booth within AARP’s Spring Membership Event: Life@50+.
- But that’s not all- we’re also building on the success of our first (pilot) AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch Dual Pitch format event we did in September in NoLa with a bigger, better and pretty damn cool one on 5/31 within the Expo floor of Life@50+ If you’re still reading this, and awake, and a consumer health tech innovator, apply here: Want to attend? Register here and use code VIP50 to get 50% off the reg fee (hurry early bird rates end on 4/15)
- Back to SF on 6/11 for the 2nd annual IBF Consumer Health and Wellness summit. Another great program, pretty soon i will know every conference center bathroom in SF.
- Later that week there is also the Summer Digital Health summit in San Diego, not sure if i can swing that one this year (why do you have them end on Friday’s Jill? some of us have to get back east!!)
- And finally, ending out Q2 is the Silicon Valley Boomer Venture Summit and Business Plan Competition. I PROMISE not to be on stage 88% of the time this year. Register here, Mary is still building the program, but it’ll be good, trust me.
phew, I’m exhausted just writing about it all. Hope to see you kids out and about.